Sunday, November 15, 2009

…in the future…

Work In Progress: Alien Snake Pt1

This is started outs a muck around in Corel Painter, a weird zig zag of pen scribble that to me connotated a snake. What is this snake doing? Fighting a spaceman, cool. The snake has got some crazy electricity and two pissed off heads to counteract the fact it is going to be squished by the alien exosuit. All pretty standard sci-fi fare, that you would find in the pages of imagine FX, but alas my Painter middle and endgame are not up to snuff yet( I will expand on my chess drawing metaphor in a future rant ) so this idea got shelved as a “nice to finish” …in the future…


Cue passage of time montage and one motivated Saturday I dig out my sketch and have a go with new slant: combing it with the space angel characters for a bit of an Alex Toth homage. My lovely missus came up with a gender role reversal idea where the girl is saving the guy(s) from the snake and the cliff. By taking the Toth channelge I’m pretty much setting myself up for failure here. Hopefully If I just treat this as an exercise I can keep it from being too stuffy. Then I have grand plans to turn the backstory of this image into a wee comic… in the future…

No comments: